On Monday, me and the girls went to Kwansei Daigakuin to listen to a Japanese gospel choir. They were really good. I'm not sure if the were Christians but it was really powerful listening to Japanese people sing praises to God.
Tuesday we went again to the three schools in Kobe. This week was difficult. At that time we still hadn't made any real contact with any of the students at the schools and none of them seemed really interested in talking to us. It was frustrating.
That same night, Katie and I went to meet a woman we met through the Kobe International Center. Our team put up notices at the center that we were interested in learning Japanese and teaching English in hopes that we could make contact with people. T is a cook at a maternity clinic here in the Kobe area. A cook in a clinic doesn't sound like the best job to us Americans but apparently maternity clinics in Japan are pretty fancy. She cooks all types of food, from chinese to french cuisine. She is a very nice women and a good teacher. We meet with her about twice a week to learn Japanese. The only problem is that it is hard to get out of the student/teacher mode and there hasn't been much casual conversation. It's hard to share the gospel with someone when they are focused only on teaching you something.
Wednesday, we did five minute english at Motomachi, which is chinatown in Kobe. I got to talk to two women for almost 30 minutes. I did not get to share the gospel but we did exchange contact information and they seemed really excited to meet again. One of the women goes to Kwansei Daigakuin, so I hope I can meet her there soon.
Also on Wednesday, we had our friendship party at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We had a couple of girls from Sono-sensei's class come. There english is somewhat limited but I am hoping we can meet again to talk to them some more.
Also at the friendship party, the hostess for the restaurant seemed interested in what we were doing. Her english was really good and it turns out that she goes to one of the three universities we visit every tuesday. She seemed really eager to find an international group to join and I am going to meet with her on Tuesday.
On Friday night, Emily and I went to meet M, another women we met through KICC. She seems really interested in America and wants to know more. When she found out that we were Christians she seemed ok with this and actually wants to meet again. This is a good sign! We are going to do karaoke with her next thursday.
On saturday, We went to a prayer meeting with Sono-sensei at her church. The group meets specifically to pray for Japanese college students. It was an encouragement to our team to see people who are committed to seeing the good news proclaimed to Japanese college students.
This week was a busy week, but filled with lots of promising meetings.
Please pray for the people we will meet this coming week - K, T, and M. Please pray that we would be able to share our testimony or the gospel with them. Please pray that the two women from Motomachi would contact me - E and A.
Also please pray that our team would have strength and perseverance during those difficult times when no one wants to talk to us on the university campuses.
Also just want to say HAPPY FATHERS DAY! I love you Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment